School Based Special Needs Yoga
Each Classroom session includes:
- Classic yoga warm-ups and postures to promote strength and flexibility.
- Breathing, relaxation & meditation techniques that reduce stress, focus the mind, & boost energy.
- Accessible yoga poses that challenge participants to learn about their limitations and thresholds while also inspiring growth and success.
*Modifications of postures (including chair postures) allow full participation of all students in a group.
$100 per session (for up to 25 students)
Contact Happymindfulpeople@gmail.com to find out how to bring Special Needs Teen Yoga to your school.
Currently teaching at:
Century High School, Hillsboro School District
Hillsboro High School, Hillsboro School District
South Meadows Middle School, Hillsboro School District
B E N E F I T S of PreTeen/Teen Special NeedsYoga
- Our weekly/monthly yoga allows teens to experience a sense of calm within their body
-Warm up activity allows teens the space to share and talk about their concerns, their ideas, and reflections
- Group activities provide techniques for redirecting thoughts, calming the nervous system, and quieting the body and mind
-The intention of this course is to help teach teens make choices that respect themselves and others
-We work to develop our ability to focus through practical disciplines of breath and bodywork
Healthy Body Image
- Weekly yoga practice with affirmations provide a strengthened internal perspective and positive self image
- Together we cultivate and express gratitude for what our bodies can do
- We learn to identify our threshold and hold on where we can and let go when it's time to let go!
-No judgement allowed!
-Our practice provides teens with a healthy way to experiment, take risks, and explore their body
“Thank you very much for coming in and teaching us yoga in the morning. It made the rest of my day feel more relaxed and focused. ” — Elisabeth, age 17
“I really enjoyed yoga. It was hard and also relaxing. I found it to be very helpful. I want more. — Rose, age 16
“I’m so glad Elissa came to our school to teach us the amazingness that is yoga! It was SO hard but so great! Thank you!!! ”— Cheyenne, age 14
“I really enjoyed Elissa’s yoga class. Even though the moves were hard. It was my first time trying yoga and I think I want to keep doing it! ”— Sarah, age 15
REGISTRATION: Enrollment in our classes is limited and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We accept cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. The balance of the class is due prior to the start of classes.
REFUNDS: No refunds or credits of any payment will be made for notification of withdrawal within 15 days of the start of the class, once the class has started or for missed classes. Prior to that time, we will refund your tuition. In the event of an emergency we do allow transfers to a future class offering.
CANCELLATIONS: We reserve the right to cancel a class if minimum enrollments are not met. In which case, all tuition and fees will be fully refunded. Notification of cancellation will be made by phone at least one day prior to the start of the class at which time, students will be offered the option of another class, space permitting, or a full refund.
ACCEPTANCE/ WAITING LIST: When we receive your registration we will send confirmation and specific class information. If the class is full, you will be notified that you have been placed on a waiting list.